Saturday, April 01, 2006

Problems

I stopped by the well site at the north place yesterday afternoon to talk with the superintendent. The drill is stuck in the hole and they have been unable to pull it out. However he was optimistic that they would be able to get it out by drilling backwards. I don't understand how that works but he said that they were making slow progress (about 50 feet per hour).

One man was injured and required 14 stitches to his hand when the cable broke trying to pull the drill stem that was stuck in the hole. The repairs to the rig took a couple of days before drilling began again. Yesterday when I was there they had stopped again to do some repair to an air line.


The well casing has been on site for over a week but it looks like it may be a couple more weeks before it is needed.



The waste liquid tanks have been delivered to the site where they sit ready for installation.

1 Comments:

At 9:38 PM, Blogger onemotherslove said...

I see a fence in the foreground - are those by the FM road? Where are they in relation to the gate? I'm guessing east since I can't see the rig in the background?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home